G4MERZ
Hi! Most topics require a sign-in to see =)
G4MERZ
Hi! Most topics require a sign-in to see =)
G4MERZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Built by gamers for gamers

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to G4MERZ. Please feel free to browse =)
Please ignore the adverts. I can't get rid of them!!
Want your say? Then feel free to sign up =)

Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Gamer
Admin
Admin
Mr Gamer

Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!* Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*   Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!* EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

I've only had Skyrim for a day, and so far so good Cool I haven't been disappointed in the slightest. Bethesda have done an excellent job in creating a fine addition to an already brilliant series of games Smile The opening sequence lets you choose your race, gender and customize your looks. You could easily spend an hour creating the perfect character! I didn't though...I was too eager to get into the game!! I chose a preset Imperial, and just changed a few features (hair, facial hair, eye colour) and then I jumped straight into the game.
Graphics are A+ imo, and the sound effects are spot on Smile One point, I was standing on top of a mountain, and in the distance, I could hear a thunder storm rolling through the valley, and when I got to the bottom of the mountain, where the rain was hitting the snow, steam was rising up Cool
Players can also do some jobs, like working in a blacksmiths to create armour and weapons, chop wood (once you get a woodcutters axe) and take pelts to make into leather Smile And, theres no annoying mini games involved either, bonus!! Very Happy Its a nice way to make abit of money at the start of the game, you could infact, spend a few hours perfecting your Smithing talent. (Depending whether you have the raw materials, which can be bought or found:) )

In Oblivion, (as well as Fallout 3) players aren't "punished" for wandering off to much, but in Skyrim its alot different! (ie: just like New Vegas) Your directed to a town, but I thought I'd go for a wander about...half way to a dungeon, (which theres loads of btw) I saw a clearing, and in said clearing, there was a coffin, surrounded by tempting treasure chests, so I walked upto them, and a huge demon type enemy rose out of the coffin, which resulted in a quick death for my dude Sad lol! Re-loaded, and I went another way, saw some huge treasure piles in the distance, went to find my fortune, only to be pwned by a giant...dead again!! Laughing After those two deaths, I decided to visit the town, and found a job with the Companions. (Like the fighters guild in Oblivion) I'm doing quests for them at the moment, which results in a suprise Wink I won't say, but its a good suprise!

All the major factions we've come to know and love are in Skyrim, in one shape or another, No Arcane University (obviously, coz thats in the Imperial City in Cyrodil!), but you can join them (if magic is your thing) by visiting them. ( Won't say where though) The Thieves Guild is back, as is the Dark Brotherhood. ( Which is my fave Cool ) I was on my way to see about joining the Dark Brotherhood, after I heard a rumour about them in a Tavern, when I came across Mr Giant, who decided my head would be a nice place to rest his giant spiked club Rolling Eyes lol!! Fighters Guild are back, but like I said, they're called The Companions Smile Daedric Gods are back, but not found any of them yet either.

I found my first magic weapon too Cool a Luna Iron Long Sword on a bandit leader. The Sword is only magical at night though Smile
Enemies aren't too difficult, (apart from Mr Demon and those friggin Giants!!) the worst I've fought so far are a couple of Trolls. (Fire spell anyone? Wink )
Armours look cool too. I've got a full set of Superior Steel Armour (crafted by me!) equiped atm...with a Sky Forge Steel Longsword Cool (A gift from the Companions)

Another good addition, is the ability to get married! No long "find a partner, woo them, propose, buy a house" Fable type relationships though! I've yet to figure it out yet, but by the time I do, everyone else would've figured it out!! Laughing Houses, and horses are back too, but I haven't got enough money to buy either yet! But, when you do own a house, and get married, you can choose to live there with you partner Smile

I've only just scratched the surface, and I'm loving every second of it! I could go on forever about Skryim, its an epic game that should keep me busy for awhile! Good thing about Bethesda's RPG's, theres no emphasis to complete the "Main" Quest.... so far I've only done two main questline tasks! Theres loads to do between!

Anyway, I'm gunna stop now! LOL!! Here's Mr Gamers Score for Skyrim: 10/10 (and yes, I am abit biased!!)
Back to top Go down
https://g4merz.forumotion.co.uk
Nasty6runt
Nasty6runt

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*   Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!* EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:46 am

From what i just read Blade it seems like your enjoying this game Very Happy

Well im another person that thinks this game is as good as it gets, i knew this before i even put the disc in my xbox. cant wait to back in with the fighters guild, and dark brotherhood which was also one of my favorites (any clues as to which tavern you heard about them in would be much appreciated Very Happy ).

So it's another 10/10 from another biased gamer tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr Gamer
Admin
Admin
Mr Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*   Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!* EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 am

I'm enjoying every second mate!! I knew you would too Cool Can't beat a good RPG can you? Wink

re: Dark Brotherhood, in Riverwood, I went into the tavern there, and asked the woman who owns it about any rumours... then she said some dude in Windhelm was looking for them, so I went to see him, he thought I was from The Brotherhood, and asked me to murder some one...so I did, then TDB (The Darkbrotherhood) contacted me Smile Simple!

Also, I got married yesterday Very Happy

Have you worked with the companions yet?? Wink Thats a good questline to do Cool
Back to top Go down
Nasty6runt
Nasty6runt

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*   Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!* EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm

RPG's are the best style of game by far Cool

Completely forgot you had to murder someone then wait for the brotherhood to come to you, cheers fella, im with the companions at the min, think I'll finish the missions with them before i go on my murdering spree Twisted Evil

don't think I'll be getting married though, unless it comes with an achievement. If our lass catching me getting married in a game, she'll get ideas Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr Gamer
Admin
Admin
Mr Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*   Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!* EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Hahaha!! My Mrs was the same!! Very Happy Laughing BTW, you get a small 10gamerscore for gettin married Wink

Companion quests are cool Cool I've not done much with the DB yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*   Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!* Empty

Back to top Go down

Skyrim: My thoughts so far. *CONTAINS SPOILERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*
Page 1 of 1